Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, October 29, 2011

In The Words of Dad - Explosion + Room Full of Babies = Me... Going To Hell

Logan is doing alright. He is back up to 14CCs of a mixture that is 3/4 formula, 1/4 water. He was a little gassy, mainly him getting used to the new mixture and amount. We were chillaxing while we waited for his nurse to finish up with another baby so Logan could weigh in (7 lbs 15.3 oz) when there was a loud pop to my left. Loud. Everyone heard it. People were freaking out at first, then they figured out that it was just a bag of water that feeds into the blender blowing up. I guess that Logan's canula was somehow kinked somewhere (oops). This created back-pressure and eventually a peace shattering explosion.
So how does all this add up to me going to Hell? Well, let's see... first thought through my head: oh God, if that was a gunshot please let them have shot me in the head. Second thought: I'm alive... there's water all over the ground, and... on my arm. Sweet, just how I wanted to spend my Saturday night: wet and lonely (I am sure the perverts out there are having a field day with that statement - Lord knows I am). Then it dawned on me: crying babies and people everywhere freaking out. Hilarious.
Special place in Hell. I'm going there, did you know?

2 comments:

  1. If there is truly a special place in Hell, I'll save a good spot for you but I'd rather doubt you'll be going there!!!

    ReplyDelete

I fixed it to where anyone can post comments.