Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, June 18, 2011

2 weeks old....post is a little late.

Red? or Blonde?



So as of the 16th Logan was 2 weeks old! He has started feedings ( a whole 2 ccs a feeding ) and has tolerated them so far. A couple new issues have popped up, though. He has a buildup of gunk in his lungs so they are starting treatment on that which includes just patting his lung area and suctioning the gunk out ( I think). Also he's had a couple high blood pressures. I tried talking to the nurse about it today but she was busy and I feel like because our friend Charlie and his girl friend was with us, she didn't want to talk about his medical stuff. Either way she didn't act like it was a huge concern so I feel like it'll be okay. Then again at first I felt like his NEC (intestinal holes) weren't that big a deal until I looked it up online and found out how serious it was.

Overall I thought he looked pretty good. He's riding the ventilator a lot but that is to be expected for awhile. His color is good and he's wiggly like a baby. Hopefully this new stuff will be easily treated.

We love you, Logan!

4 comments:

  1. Went to see him today at lunch and he looks so much better today. He woke up when I started talking to him and looked around a bit and then went back to sleep. I also noticed he had a little belly on him!! :) Keep it up Logan!! WE LOVE YOU AND YOUR MOM AND DAD!! Speaking of Dad, did he get to hold him on Father's Day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, his belly is shrinking. He had a lot of swelling and now it's turning into a belly shape instead of a bloated shape. We're pretty excited. Also, I'll be posting about fathers day here in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep meaning to ask you how much does he wheigh now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I can't spell!! weigh

    ReplyDelete

I fixed it to where anyone can post comments.