Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, June 13, 2011

Let there be poop

We went to see Logan and caught rounds. So much good news. His blood work is coming back favorably. He's still pretty red but that is due to the blood transfusion. He is up 2 oz from birth weight so he is an ounce away from being 2 pounds. The most exciting thing is he's starting to pass poop through his illiostomy. The docs thought it'd be a few more days, but it seems Logan is ahead of the curve. He is handling his care really well and he isn't in much pain. They took him off the pain killer drip and now he has PRN (as needed) pain killers. He is wiggly and acting like a baby. He sucks on his vent tube a bit and throws gang signs. lol....

6 comments:

  1. That's not a gang sign, that's flipping the bird! Grow Logan grow! Little guy has attitude already, he'll fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was throwing gang signs but the bird is all I could catch on the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for update - keeping the nelson family in my prayers-janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went and saw him today at lunch and he was doing this full body stretch!! He raised his arms above his head and streched!! He did it like six times while I was there. Must be growing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom, I had to read your post twice. I was like, "wait....grandma ries.....what?!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I am Grandma Ries!! I'm getting used to it!! It took me a few times to figure out how to post. Talk about teaching an old dog new tricks!!

    ReplyDelete

I fixed it to where anyone can post comments.