Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, June 12, 2011

some questions are pretty stupid

So most times when we go see Logan we get a, "this and this is okay and he is looking good." That usually is sufficient to keep me happy. Lately I see other babies come in and they're all bigger than Logan so I finally asked a kinda scary question. How often do you see babies as small? Her answer, "not as often as every other kind of baby but fairly enough." Which lead me to ask, "how often do 25 weekers leave with their parents." By now I'm kicking myself. Why would I ask such a stupid question?! She goes ahead and answers and surprises me with a, "a lot of the time." She said she's personally seen a 24 week go home. She says that though that sounds like good answers and might bring some relief that Logan is still a sick baby. She showed me his xrays and where I was thinking he had a little air in his stomach before he had surgery.....no....no he had a MASSIVE amount of air. It was horrible (yet oddly fascinating). She explained all his blood work he had been getting and showed how they figured out he was sick. I could see how his white blood cells went up and everything. It was amazingly comforting that I was allowed to physically see the numbers and how they dropped and climbed. It was also really scary how it did it so fast. It was a rough night for me. I was kind of floating on cloud 9 not really thinking about how sick Logan really is. He still has to fight off the infection and any infection he gets (which btw he has so many portals of entry for infection it's insane) and heal his organs....oh and grow and develop like a normal baby. He has such a big job for such a little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I fixed it to where anyone can post comments.