Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hanging in there

So I was told that I hadn't updated and I figure I better get on it.

Logan is doing a little better. His CRP which is the blood test that alerted the staff that there was a nasty infection is going down. The first one they did was in the high 250s and now it's down to the low 200s. Also, he is needing fewer platelet transfusions. Since Tuesday he was getting anywhere from 6 to 10 transfusions a day and now it's down to 2 or 3. He hasn't needed blood again but he's looking paleish blueish grayish (ish ish ish ish) so they might do a hemoglobin test and if it's low they'll give him blood. He's been using a lot of blood for the infection and plus he gets blood tests every other second, it seems. Premature babies don't really produce blood on there own so when it gets depleted they get infused.

His vent settings were lowered a bit. He was on 65% and now he's 30s and 40s so he is breathing easier. His stomach is still pretty bloated but they've been giving him stuff to make him pee like crazy so he is SLOWLY shrinking a bit.

He seems really ticked off at the world. He makes crying faces and squirms. I hate seeing him upset and feeling yucky but it is a MAJOR improvement to pale and lifeless. One of my favorite NICU nurses likes to say, "I'll take pink and pissed off any day" and I agree. Maybe I'll convince the nurse to give him something to relax but for now I'll be glad that he's moving.

He is still pretty sick, but he seems to be slowly getting better. I suppose maybe I can sleep now.

PS I just want to thank my employers and coworkers for supporting me during these last few days (and then some). My boss let me call off this week so I can be with Logan and I appreciate it more than I let off. Between the stress and the non sleep I'm utterly exhausted.
My coworkers have been so nice and so concerned. I've never felt so loved by the people I work with. It's made this whole ordeal easier and I sincerely appreciate it.

Thank you guys soo much! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I fixed it to where anyone can post comments.